2017 in Review

by - December 28, 2017




1. Scotland

Scotland was a dream trip for me and even though I only spent a week here I got to explore both Edinburgh and Glasgow and though I adored the cobblestone streets of Edinburgh and its fairy tale castle, I have to say that Glasgow was definitely my favorite. Visiting the Glasgow Cathedral and Necropolis was like stepping back into the past and walking into that quiet





2. Shuto Con

This anime convention happens every year in lansing and I am always excited to go, but this year I got a little creative and did a queen of hearts cosplay. The best part of these cons though is getting to meet interesting people and pretend your someone else for a day.


3. Hell Michigan

Summer is the perfect time to go for a road trip and that's just what I did when I finally visited the small town of Hell, Michigan. A quaint little place they really get into the spirit of their name and if you like hot wings then you have to dine at Hell's kitchen. If they are a little too hot for you don't forget to cool off with some ice cream from the Creamatory...


4. Sea Life Aquarium in Detroit


A fun day for all this aquarium was so much fun, especially their touch pool where they show off some of the cutest starfish you'll ever see, but the real star was this little octopus. Such a gorgeous and intelligent animal.



4. Maui ,Hawaii


Apparently I couldn't get enough of sea life so I had to check out Maui, Hawaii. A true paradise I will never forget my time on this magical beach. The best part was waking up and having it all to yourself!




5. Collosalcon


Celebrating geekdom at another con! This one was one of the best I'd ever visited however, because not only did you get to chill out with other like minded anime fans, but you had the opportunity to enjoy the many pools that Kalahari has to offer. Of course, nothing beats the rush of the Victoria Falls slide.



5. Disneyland


On my way to Japan I stopped in to Los Angeles so of course I had to make time for the most magical place on earth! No one is too old to dream and meet their favorite characters! Of course it didn't hurt that as a single rider I got to skip the line and ride the Matterhorn bobsled almost as soon as I got there.




6. Santa Monica Pier

Los Angeles was as gorgeous and laid back as I'd imagined and I couldn't get over seeing all those palm trees. I couldn't leave here without setting sights on the bustling Santa Monica Pier. While a little busy for my tastes the view of the beach and its sparkling waters was absolutely worth the trek.



7. Japan


The trip of the lifetime I will always remember this gorgeous country and how lucky I was to stay here for two months! The sparkling lights of Tokyo had me so enthralled that not even the high humidity could get me down. The Inari shrine and Tori gates were well worth the climb and if you are ever around Kyoto you need to take the train to Nara to meet the wild deer! You will not regret it.


P1070302

8. Ireland

My first ever trip to Europe became official as soon as I stepped foot on the Emerald Isle which absolutely lived up to its name. The castles, the cobblestone streets, the rolling green hills, all of it had me falling in love with this wonderful place. My only regret is that I didn't get to see more of Galway...maybe in 2018?

P1070881

9. Detroit Christmas Markets


Back in Detroit for the Christmas season the atmosphere here is absolutely wonderful and even the cold couldn't get me down as I explored unique shops in Cadillac square. Even better the shops were set up in small igloos to keep shoppers warm in Detroit's chilly winter. The creativity and ingenuity that I discover in Detroit never ceases to dazzle and amaze me.



10. Getting a 13 Foot Christmas Tree

After moving into a new house we found that there was enough room to actually fit a tree of this size and for the first and probably only time we got an over the top, but gorgeous tree that shone brightly in our home until Christmas Day!


Looking back at 2017 I am so grateful and humbled at the amazing opportunities that I was lucky to have. The year was filled with both heartache and Dreams come true, but I will always remember the beautiful places that I was able to share with some even more amazing people. Most importantly I will always remember the family and friends that I got to spend this year with and I hope 2018 will be filled with even more memorable times!


You May Also Like

0 comments